Why Do Doctors and Other Professionals Trust Our Care?
Physicians, physical therapists and case managers frequently refer patients to Pain & Rehabilitation Physicians because we:
- Are directed by Dr. Obayan, a double board certified physiatrist.
- Are effective with difficult chronic cases.
- Supervise your treatment programs from start to finish, even when you are receiving care from another specialist.
- Use a team approach to coordinate your diagnosed treatment and recovery.
- Explain your diagnosis and recommended treatment fully
- Provide virtually all care for your complaints under one roof.
- Streamline paperwork for fast handling of insurance billings.
- Workers compensation paperwork and information sharing with referring physicians.
Why Do Patients in Pain Need a Physiatrist?
Physiatrist are physicians specializing in non-surgical management of painful nerve, joint and muscle conditions.
These conditions have many causes, including:
- Back and neck pain
- Acute and chronic pain syndrome
- Shoulder pain
- Joint pain
- Post-surgical pain Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pinched nerves
- Muscle, nerves & figment drainage
- EMG testing
- Whiplash Work
- Sports injuries
- Arthritis Myofascial pain syndrome
- Rotator cuff injury
- Head rehab
- Reflex sympathetic dystrophy
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Failed back surgery syndrome
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Rheumatologic conditions
Even after these conditions have been treated, you may experience continuing pain. Dianne Obayan, MD, our director, can examine and diagnose the cause of your pain and recommend a treatment program. Then she’ll work as a team with your physical therapist, orthopedist or other medical specialist to provide you adequate pain relief.